- 1 package (8 ounces) short pasta, such as farfalle or tubetti *
- 20 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 7 ounces bocconcini (small balls of mozzarella cheese), or any size fresh mozzarella cut into 1.5-inch pieces
- ¾ cup black olives, pitted and cut in half
- 6 or more fresh basil leaves, torn into two or three pieces
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta following the box instructions for the time, or until al dente. Drain and cool to room temperature.Combine chopped tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, and basil in a large serving bowl. Add the pasta to the tomato mixture, combine, and drizzle with olive oil to taste.* If you have small amounts of different shaped pasta in your pantry, combine them for a unique presentation.