Servings: 4 cups
- 5 red bell peppers, minced
- 1 Serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2½ tbsp low-sugar pectin
- 2 cups sugar
- Combine red bell peppers, Serrano pepper, and lemon zest and juice. In a separate bowl, whisk the pectin into the sugar. Stir into the pepper mixture. Place in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and puree with an immersion blender or regular blender.
- Place in clean prepared jars and close tightly. Invert the jars and let sit at room temperature for 24 hours. After 24 hours, flip jars back over and refrigerate.
- Refrigerate for up to 6 months.
- Serve as a spread on crackers or bread, with goat and cream cheese, and as a glaze on fish, chicken, and pork.